Pre-Divorce Counseling Advice

 

A pre-divorce group counseling session offered guiding words for this parent. 

My ex wife and I attended a pre-divorce group counseling session required by the judge. One quote really hit the nail on the head for me, “Most children of divorced parents are damaged, maybe 90%. The other 10% grow stronger from the experience.”

So I ask, which side of that coin do you want your children to be on: 90/10, damaged/strong?

Divorce is an emotional storm.

Divorce and kids can often be a messy combination. The judge’s statement, and the 90/10 statements, can help you go through this journey with integrity. Remember them often.

Act badly and your children will be damaged. Act with integrity and your children will grow strong.

.

.

.

Cliff Thomas shares the quote from Minnesota Judge Issues 200 Blunt Words to Divorcing Parents

Post link: http://drcliffthomas.com/divorce-and-kids/

Site link: drcliffthomas.com

#80, Pre-Divorce Counseling Advice

 

Advertisements